Wednesday, January 03, 2018

It's been a while....

I have not posted in so long that it feels foreign to even post here. I feel like the visitor to this Dinosaur of a blog. I guess the internet has changed so much since I keep this active. We now record out thoughts 140 characters at a time! It's sad, sort of. It's sad only if you actually have something worthwhile to say, which from what I read on the web, most people do not. So, in a way, the brevity of most thoughts are a blessing! Today marks the new year, one more dropping of the ball. Lots of changes in my life and even more to come. When last I posted, we were expecting number 3. Now, we are expecting number 5! We are excited and this year holds lots of promise. I would love to write more but I feel like I am cheating on my personal journal. The fountain pen and paper is forever and somehow the web feels less than forever. I know, the web would never let this die and it will be stored forever but my books feel real, organic even. This feels... not warm or even human. Maybe I have seen too many sci-fi movies. This is so clean and the computer corrects all my mistakes. Even now I go back up to see all the corrections it was supposed to make. The coolest thing about this blog is that I know there is a world out there and this is a way to connect with people and when they read they feel what I am feeling. That makes me feel connected to something much bigger than me. I am reminded of the speech by the lady that that wasn't in the movie "V for Vendetta" that said even though I don't know you I love you and then she was killed for her lover being a woman. That was powerful and I'll never forget it, in the face of hate she loved who she never even knew. That is like Jesus in the Bible, before I even knew you I loved you... I am not sure when I will update this again. Until then be nice.

No comments: